2nd Shift Area Supervisor
Wayne, NE 68787 US
Area Supervisor | Salary $50-$60k DOE
Monday – Thursday (On-Site) 4pm-2:30am + Occasional Fridays
A Manufacturing Plant in Wayne, NE is hiring a Area Supervisor to join their growing team. The Area Supervisor’s responsibilities include directing and managing the trailer production activities in all areas(i.e., axle department, combo start line, sidewall line). Organizing workflow and ensuring employees understand their duties or delegated tasks. The General Supervisor will monitor employee productivity.
You’ll want to be part of this experienced team that operates with high integrity!
- Ensure individual and employee compliance with all safety rules and requirements.
- Manage and direct the activities of employees to ensure that the production, quality, and safety requirements are consistently met.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; grievance resolution; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Attending weekly safety meeting and communicating the topics discussed in those meetings to the employees in their group, as well as making sure the employees follow the safety guidelines, and discipline employees when they do not.
- Work with the Engineering Department to resolve any issues that arrive during the build process that could result in a Quality, Safety, or performance issue with the product being produced.
- Communicate with the General Foreman, Production Manager and the ME/Maintenance Manager to ensure tooling, quality, and safety concerns are addressed while maintaining the production schedule.
- GED or high school diploma is required. Training or education beyond GED or high school diploma is preferred.
- Previous experience working in a supervisory or management position in a production or similar setting is preferred.
- Knowledge and/or skill in all processes that he/ she is responsible for. This includes production techniques and procedures, safety rules and regulations, inspection criteria and methods and plant wide initiatives.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and other customer specifications.
- Demonstrate understanding of an effective safety culture
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites with emphasis on the ability to navigate and formulate within Excel.
- Certification in Emergency First Aid, CPR and Automatic External Defibrillator is required and will be provided by the company after hire.
- Certifications as required to effectively lead and perform his / her job. (i.e. welding certification, paint certification)
Benefits & Pay
- Salary: $50k-$60k DOE
- Healthcare Insurance, Vision, Dental, Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays
- 401k, Profit Share Bonus, Pension
For more information, call Ashley Gervasi @ 712-292-6965 or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Aventure Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A drug screen and background check may be required.