Sioux City Area, IA US
Accounting Assistant | DOE
Mon - Fri, 8A - 5P with overtime as needed
Large, established, busy, diversified client has urgent need for an Accounting Assistant. Excellent opportunity to utilize accounting and administrative skills to help with analyzing and organizing office operations and procedures such as typing, bookkeeping, flow of corresopndence, filing, requisition of supplies and other duties.
Responsibilities of this Accounting Assistant will include:
- Perform monthly billings for various subsidiaries.
- Assist Accounting Manager with bank reconciliations, balance sheet account reconciliations and other light bookkeeping duties.
- Serve as a back-up resource for accounts payable clerk.
- Design, prepare and maintain spreadsheets using basic mathematical calculations.
- Work independently and within a team on special and nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Assist the accounting staff on special projects which may include planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, and organizing department wide events.
- Analyze procedures and recommend changes to save time, labor, and other costs and to improve quality control and operating efficiency.
Accounting Assistant Requirements:
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- Two or more year’s related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with Deltek GCS, Deltek Costpoint and SharePoint is preferred but not required.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to work in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to prioritize workload, solve problems quickly and interact with others to achieve efficient, seamless workflow
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office programs and other miscellaneous business software
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Good communication skills both written and verbal; able to work with and communicate easily with others
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License and be insurable under company insurance provider/program
EEO/AA Employer; Pre-employment physical, drug screen & background required.
If interested, please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org