Bilingual Outpatient Mental Health Therapist
509 Douglas St. South Sioux City, NE 68776 US
A local health center is searching for a Bilingual Outpatient Mental Health Therapist to join their growing team! This Therapist will be providing mental health and/or substance abuse services, education, consultation, and prevention to clients/students at schools, the office and also includes crisis intervention. Starting pay is $48k-$58k/yr.
Bilingual Outpatient Mental Health Therapist Responsibilities:
- Provide direct mental health and/or substance abuse services that include, but are not limited to: intake assessment, individual, family, group counseling, crisis intervention, and prevention.
- Completes treatment plans, treatment plan updates, psychotherapy notes, and all other documentation as needed.
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings, clinical meetings, IEP meetings, and others as needed.
- Participates in collection of mental health/substance abuse information and student outcome data to be used for monitoring the overall performance and effectiveness of services provided.
- Determines the family and community resources available for treatment and/or placement and makes appropriate arrangements
- Provides crisis intervention and assessment/evaluation.
- Provide follow up and implementation for re-integration plans for students who are returning to school from hospitalizations and/or facility stays as needed.
- Be familiar with disciplinary guidelines and at-risk student characteristics/needs, collaborating agency referral guidelines, as well as be familiar with special education regulatory requirements and assistance with process as appropriate when working in the schools.
- Foster effective communication with clients for planning and treatment services.
- Assists family to locate and appropriate community resources, agencies, organizations, and team members to coordinate services and monitor progress toward treatment goals.
To become a Bilingual Outpatient Mental Health Therapist, you’ll need:
- Must be bilingual - English/Spanish
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or Human Services related field. Must have at least two years’ experience. Must possess or be eligible to obtain a Nebraska license of LMHP, LIMHP, or LICSW.
- Maintain confidentiality and maintain ethics as dictated by profession.
- Travel is required – must maintain driver’s license and car insurance.
- Must carry own liability insurance.
- Skilled in written and oral communication
- Team player.
Questions? Call Cyd at 712.224.4801. Our services are FREE to candidates!
509 Douglas St. – Sioux City, IA
EOE/AA - Drug screen and background may be required.