Sheldon, IA 51201 US
Design Technician $19.00-23.00/hr. + DOE
One of the largest manufactures of premium truck bodies and cranes has an opening for a Design Technician! Since 1976 this established company has developed its products best in class and it continues to be the industry leader in manufacturing and sales of heavy duty customized body trucks and cranes. If you are a creative individual with an eye for design and enjoy working independently and with a team (you get the best of both worlds!) then don't wait! Apply today!
- Performs or initiates design investigations, analyses, and CAD designs for new components and products using customer and/or supplier information. Ensures that drawings comply with company standards.
- Assists in the configuration and documentation of existing designs. Revises existing product designs as directed.
- Utilizes parts numbering system and parts description nomenclature for components and assemblies.
- Assists in the creation of product support literature.
- Works closely with Manufacturing personnel to provide product support.
- Participated in continuous quality improvement programs by offering suggestions and by exhibiting initiative in areas of direct control.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Engineering management.
Possesses an intermediate knowledge of mechanical drafting principles, manufacturing processes, and mechanical engineering principles.
Must show the ability to learn and apply knowledge for the following Creo specific skills:
- Requires an Associate degree related to Engineering Design or Manufacturing Technology from an accredited program. 3 years previous experience preferred. 5 years of related manufacturing experience may be substituted for an associate degree.
- Ability to apply standard drawing practices when producing design documentation ie. tolerances, welding and machining symbols, line conventions and dimensioning. Ability to develop product structures by creating engineering parts lists and bills of material.
- Must have knowledge and an understanding of the following mathematical expressions and be proficient in applying them to the general responsibilities of the positions. Math requirements, but not limited to: logarithms, exponents, and simple statistics.
Ability to read and comprehend technical instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write moderately detailed correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Benefits & Pay:
- $19.00-23.00 DOE
- Paid every Friday
- Direct deposit and/or paycards available
- Paid holidays and PTO (based on accrued hour requirements)
- Medical coverage-access to affordable and comprehensive group medical coverage
For more information, call or stop by our office today.
Our job is to get YOU hired (and it is free!)
327 9th St, Sheldon, IA 51201 (712)-324-2425
Aventure Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A drug screen and background may be required.