Diesel Truck and Trailer Mechanic
Sheldon Iowa area , IA US
Diesel Truck and Trailer Mechanic l $25/hr. + DOE
Monday to Friday, occasional Saturdays from 6 am- 4 pm
A local manufacturing company in the Sheldon Iowa area is searching for a Diesel Truck and Trailer Mechanic to join their team! The Diesel Truck and Trailer Mechanic will have their own two bay shop and will be responsible for inspecting, troubleshooting, and repairing semi-truck and trailer bodies, systems, and components. The Diesel Truck and Trailer Mechanic is overall responsible for the timely repair and maintenance of the company fleet vehicles and diesel-powered equipment to ensure a safe and efficient operation.
Diesel Truck and Trailer Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Prepare vehicle records and reports, both manually and on a computer.
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance to vehicles and equipment.
- Perform safety inspections to include annual DOT inspections of equipment and safety documentation when required.
- Interact with leadership, drivers, vendors, and service providers through both email and phone as necessary.
- Perform other duties as required.
To become a Diesel Truck and Trailer Mechanic, you’ll need:
- 5+ years experience performing vehicle maintenance or possess auto or diesel technology diploma from an accredited technical school. 1+ year experience on trailer and air brake repair.
- Must have a valid Driver's License with a Class A CDL.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission vehicle to determine if operating properly.
- Must provide own hand tools and toolbox.
What you’ll get as a Press Brake Operator:
- Starting Pay: $25/hr. + DOE
- Paid Every Friday!
- Direct Deposit and/or Paycards Available
- Paid Holidays & PTO (Based on accrued hour requirements)
- Medical Coverage - Access to affordable and comprehensive group medical coverage
Apply online, call, or stop by today! Our services are FREE to candidates!
327 9th Street – Sheldon, IA | 712.324.2425
Aventure Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A drug screen and background may be required.
Aventure Staffing in Sheldon employs individuals in a large variety of industries, including clerical/office, industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, agriculture and healthcare fields.
Our services are always FREE to applicants! Apply directly to the Sheldon Branch by going to www.aventure.com/apply.