Feed Mill Assistant Manager
Sioux Center Area, IA US
Feed Mill Assistant Manager | $15-$19/hr. DOE
Hours may vary
A local agronomy business in the Sioux Center, IA area is looking for a Feed Mill Assistant Manager to join their growing team! The Feed Mill Assistant Manager provides support to the Mill Manager in the oversight of the daily milling operation, including but not limited to; manufacturing, delivery, compliance, goals, and objectives, all while striving to meet the demands of the customer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides support in all internal and external regulatory compliance requirements for the facility are met OSHA, DOT and HACCP.
- Ensures quality and customer service expectations are met or exceeded. This mill is a multi-species mill and insuring quality between species and textures is critical.
- Supports daily plains and direction of the Feed Mill Manager.
- Continually improves processes to ensure quality and customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Directs, guides, and manages mill employee work performance; develop and retain talent.
- Develop and implement processes to improve operation efficiency as needed.
- Ensures cleanliness of the facility meets or exceeds HACCP requirements.
- Maintain and enforce location safety program to promote safe behaviors in the workplace.
- Ensure plant equipment, rolling stock and housekeeping programs are maintained properly.
- Assists with month end inventory.
- Works with feed mill operators, feed order writers and transportation to ensure feed is efficiently each day.
- Administrative functions as need or assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understand DOT placarding and DOT hazardous rules.
- Ability to operate and understand mobile equipment.
- Possess mechanical skills to perform minor maintenance tasks on grain equipment and property.
- Ability to handle stressful situations professionally.
- High level of customer service focus.
- Supports a consistent professional image of the company.
- Observes safety policy and procedure as an absolute.
- Attitude of positivity and reacts calmly under pressure.
- Work ethic of the highest integrity.
- Commitment to dependability and willingness to work to meet goals and deadlines.
- Effectively solve problems of milling department.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- Prefer previous milling or manufacturing experience.
Benefits & Pay:
- $15-$19/hr. + DOE
- Paid every Friday
- Direct Deposit and/or Paycards Available
- Paid Holidays & PTO (Based on accrued hour requirements)
- Medical Coverage-Access to affordable and comprehensive group medical coverage
For more information, call or stop by our office today.
Our job is to get YOU hired (and it's free!) HABLAMOS ESPANOL!
327 9th St. Sheldon, IA 51201 | (712) 324-2425
Aventure Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A drug screen and background may be required.
Aventure Staffing in Sheldon employs individuals in a large variety of industries, including clerical/office, industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, agriculture and healthcare fields.
Our services are always FREE to applicants! Apply directly to the Sheldon Branch by going to www.aventure.com/apply.