Sheldon, IA 51201 US
General Labor $23.08/hr
A local manufacture is looking for a General Laborer to join their successful team! This manufacturing plant is where 10 percent of the American-type cheese is processed and produced, highlighting more than 50 years of success in the Dairy Industry! If you are looking to work in a culture that supports you and invest in you, don't miss your opportunity to work for a growing established company!
- Clean and sanitize and all carts and pans. Inspect and re-clean and sanitize if any soil or debris is located.
- Load and unload carts into a vacuum chamber and monitor the chamber to ensure proper vacuum pressure and time is met according to the specification.
- Seal the blocks.
- Inspect, weigh, and tag carts.
- Maintain good housekeeping and cleanup of equipment, keeping work areas organized.
- Maintain proper documentation in all formats of record keeping
- Adhere to all aspects of company and customer safety, sanitation and site policies.
- Provides assistance to the maintenance personnel, when needed, for machine repairs or troubleshooting.
- Adhere to all Quality and Food Safety policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity.
- Adhere to all Safety policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity.
- Adhere to all GMP policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to adapt effectively within a continually changing environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of the products manufactured and the processes involved
- Basic understanding of equipment operations and minor troubleshooting ability
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability and willingness to communicate effectively in order to maintain high levels of Safety, Quality and Efficiency
- Ability to read and comprehend standard operating procedures and company guidelines in order to maintain regulatory compliance
- Ability to understand daily production needs
- Participation in a team environment safely
- Detail oriented, be quality minded
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
- Food manufacturing, material handling experience is preferred.
- Prior experience in the dairy or cheese industry is preferred.
- Prior experience in manufacturing is a plus.
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP's, OSHA and loss control programs is highly desirable.
Our job is to get YOU hired (and it's free!) For more information, call or stop by our office today! If you’ve applied to Aventure before, simply give us call to put your name in for this position.
327 9th Street | Sheldon IA | (712) 324-2425
Aventure Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A drug screen and background may be required.