Sheldon Area, IA 51201 US
General Laborer | $21.30/hr. No previous experience required; on-the-job training provided!
5p-5a 2-2-3 schedule with rotating weekends
A leading dairy company in the Sheldon, IA area is looking for a General Laborer to join their growing team! Enjoy working for an established company! This General Laborer is responsible for performing Clean Out of Place (COP) and Clean in Place (CIP) tasks in compliance with the Master Sanitation Schedule as well as assist production operations as needed.
- Understand and learn some of the CIP systems in the Whey Plant.
- Learn and understand the key aspects of production in the packaging room.
- Learn and understand the key aspects of production in the Dry Whey plant.
- Assist with production in the whey plant as needed.
- Ensure chemicals and supplies needed for all CIP systems are fully stocked.
- Monitor Foot Foamers for the whey department.
- Obtain and maintain thorough knowledge of applicable chemicals.
- Immediately report any sanitation issues to management.
- Adhere to the Master Sanitation Schedule for assigned areas of cleaning.
- Learn and operate a floor scrubber, forklift, and other man lifts in the plant.
Skills and Requirements
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Ability to follow written, verbal and diagrammatic instructions; complete simple checklists and complete required documentation.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with managers and colleagues.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Basic computer operational skills; able to input and retrieve computerized information.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, adapt to a changing environment quickly, and think independently.
- Decisions administered soundly and consistently with policies and in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate functional and technical knowledge, ability to learn new skills quickly, and achieve a high level of accomplishment.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships.
Benefits & Pay
- Paid every Friday
- Direct Deposit and/or Paycards Available
- Paid Holidays & PTO (Based on accrued hour requirements)
- Medical Coverage-Access to affordable and comprehensive group medical coverage
Our job is to get YOU hired (and it's free!) For more information, call or stop by our office today! If you’ve applied to Aventure before, simply give us call to put your name in for this position.
327 9th Street | Sheldon IA | (712) 324-2425
Aventure Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A drug screen and background may be required.
Aventure Staffing in Sheldon employs individuals in a large variety of industries, including clerical/office, industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, agriculture and healthcare fields.
Our services are always FREE to applicants! Apply directly to the Sheldon Branch by going to www.aventure.com/apply.