Lead Set-up Machinist (Screw Machine)
Rock Valley, IA US
Lead Set-up Machinist (Screw Machine) l $22/hr. + DOE
An established machine shop in the Rock Valley, IA area is looking for a Lead Set-up Machinist to join their team! As a Lead Set-up Machinist you will provide technical expertise, leadership and training for the Screw Machine department.
- Coordinate paperwork, raw material/finished product moving to and from machines so the operator can keep the spindles turning.
- Encourage a positive attitude and show a willingness to "make it happen".
- Calculate speeds and feeds.
- Set-up and troubleshoot all Screw Machines.
- Create and assist as needed with set-up sheets.
- Identify, promote, and implement process improvement.
- Read and understand blueprints.
- Perform preventative maintenance and limited repairs for each machine.
- Supply personnel with what they need when it's time to set-up. Sharp tooling, set-up tray, paperwork, gages, fresh tubs/boxes etc.
- Work cooperatively with plant superintendent on Screw Machine schedule.
- General knowledge of quality management system.
- Ability to delegate work to department personnel.
- Conduct him/herself in an ethical manner.
- Willingly attend company functions and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Benefits & Pay:
- $22/hr. + DOE
- Paid every Friday
- Direct Deposit and/or Paycards Available
- Paid Holidays & PTO (Based on accrued hour requirements)
- Medical Coverage-Access to affordable and comprehensive group medical coverage
For more information, call or stop by our office today.
Our job is to get YOU hired (and it's free!)
327 9th St. Sheldon, IA 51201 | (712) 324-2425
Aventure Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A drug screen and background may be required.