Spencer, IA 51301 US
Logistics Coordinator | $16-$20 DOE
Monday-Friday | 8AM-5PM
A transportation company in Spencer, IA is seeking a Logistics Coordinator! Applicants should be energetic with a good memory, excellent follow through, and attention to detail. Should be able to form positive relationships with drivers, customers, shippers and receivers to facilitate logistics coordination. Experience preferred but not required.
- Outbound phone calls to solicit and match carriers with available loads.
- Takes inbound calls for carrier availability and maintain that information for future use.
- Develop relationship with core carriers and sell those carriers the benefits of using our service.
- Assists in the tracing of shipments as needed by making outbound calls and querying carrier websites to determine shipment status.
- Provides pricing information to shipper representatives as needed.
- Visits, from time to time, key core carrier customers.
- Drives production to meet company daily load count and margin % goals.
- Trains, explains tasks, and assists in the solution of problems.
- Resolves customer questions related to shipments in transit as needed.
- Responds to requests via telephone or email, using personal computer when necessary.
- Have knowledge of TMS System, delivery and transit times, various telemarketing skills, and similar data, as required.
- Assists shipper reps in completing requests for rate proposals.
- Makes calls and sends correspondence to develop carriers into core carriers.
- Discusses and helps resolve carrier performance issues with internal and external customers.
- Completes various administrative function that are required as needed.
- Performs other allied duties as assigned by supervisor.
- HS Diploma/GED
- Communicate in a pleasan and accurate manner via telephone
- Basic office skills
- Basic computer skills
- strong sense of prioritization and organization
Pay & Benefits:
- Starting Pay: $16-$20/hour.
- Paid Every Friday!
- Direct Deposit and/or Paycards Available
- Paid Holidays & PTO (Based on accrued hour requirements)
- Medical Coverage - Access to affordable and comprehensive group medical coverage.
- Willing to train!
Our job is to get YOU hired (and it's free!) For more information, call or stop by our office today! If you've applied to Aventure before, simply give us a call to put your name in for this position.
511 Grand Ave. Spencer, IA 712.262.5990
Aventure Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A drug screen and background may be required.