Sheldon Iowa area , IA US
Maintenance Tech- Night shift- Sign on Bonus!
A local food processing manufacturer in the Sheldon, IA area is searching for a Maintenance Tech to join their growing team! This Maintenance Tech maintains, ser vies and performs repairs on equipment in order to ensure proper operation of production equipment and electrical systems. Enjoy working for a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation!
- Develops programs and procedures to ensure regulatory and company food safety requirements are met and maintained.
- Communicates to and trains all associates prior to their implementation.
- Updates, manages and maintains the SSOP and HACCP and other prerequisite programs in an organized and effective manner.
- Audits all SSOP and HACCP records providing timely feedback to management.
- Maintains a positive relationship with the USDA and keep up with the regulations concerning SSOP and HACCP programs.
- Responsible for training and documentation of training of all levels of plant associates concerning SSOP and HACCP programs.
- Hands on involvement in all food safety problems that arise during the shift and developing appropriate solutions and corrective actions/preventative measures for those problems.
- Conducts validations of scientific data that support facility food safety decisions as needed yearly.
- Bachelor degree preferably in Food Science, Animal Science, Operations Management, Biology or Chemistry.
- HACCP certification, knowledge of USDA regulations including GMP, SSOP and HACCP and labeling.
- Must have experience with food safety plant style audits.
- Be familiar with HACCP and SSOP requirements to include monitoring and implementing validation processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask while maintaining required timeliness.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft computer software.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements:
- Position is mostly sedentary but may require occasional moving to other offices or buildings.
- May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another.
- When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
- May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
- May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db. to 110 db.
- May be exposed to all chemicals used in food, processing facility.
- May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
- May need to climb ladders.
Benefits & Pay:
- $19-$20/hr. + DOE
- Paid every Friday
- Direct Deposit and/or Paycards Available
- Paid Holidays & PTO (Based on accrued hour requirements)
- Medical Coverage-Access to affordable and comprehensive group medical coverage
For more information, call or stop by our office today.
Our job is to get YOU hired (and it's free!) HABLAMOS ESPANOL!
327 9th St. Sheldon, IA 51201 | (712) 324-2425
Aventure Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A drug screen and background may be required.