Sheldon, IA 51201 US
Warehouse Operator $23.61/hr
A local manufacture is looking for a Warehouse Operator to join their successful team! This manufacturing plant is where 10 percent of the American-type cheese is processed and produced, highlighting more than 50 years of success in the Dairy Industry! If you are looking to work in a culture that supports you and invest in you, don't miss your opportunity to work for a growing established company!
- Interact with vendors and suppliers to ensure efficient repair, parts stocking, and maintenance of plant equipment and systems.
- Assist in the development of maintenance projects, assemble the bill of materials, and work with management on upgrades and modifications for plant enhancement.
- Participate in task meetings; suggest changes in work tasks and use of equipment to increase efficiencies.
- Function as an engaged team member and contribute to the site’s continuous improvement efforts.
- Perform pneumatic, hydraulic system troubleshooting, and repairs of mechanical and electrical related issues. Diagnose, install, and repair all plant systems.
- Effectively pass-down to next shift personnel, unfinished repairs and unresolved maintenance/production issues.
- Participation in the Emergency Response program is required.
- Maintain ammonia refrigeration system.
- Locate and isolate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation by listening for problems and using precision measuring and testing instruments. Remove and fix defective parts and equipment to get the equipment running efficiently with minimal interruption to production. Assist in root cause analysis to prevent the issue from happening again.
- Perform basic mig, tig and stick welding for various types of metals including stainless steel, steel, and aluminum.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results. Anticipates needed equipment, parts and supplies.
- Able to effectively and safely operate standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools, and basic electrical test meters.
- Demonstrate or gain the ability to safely operate welders and torches effectively.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply sanitary design concepts when fabricating or making plant repairs to meet plant quality guidelines. Understand when to use those concepts in various situations.
- Use graphic instructions, blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts, or other visual aids.
- Observe or monitor objects such as mechanical devices to determine compliance with prescribed operating
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions in the English language.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions applicable to mechanical maintenance and repair work, including lockout procedures and confined space entry procedures.
- Must have proven working knowledge of electrical/mechanical skills and have operational knowledge of basic tools and equipment. PLC experience a plus.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability and willingness to communicate effectively in order to maintain high levels of Safety, Quality and Efficiency.
- Food manufacturing, material handling experience is preferred.
- Prior experience in the dairy or cheese industry is preferred.
- Prior experience in manufacturing is a plus.
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP's, OSHA and loss control programs is highly desirable.
Our job is to get YOU hired (and it's free!) For more information, call or stop by our office today! If you’ve applied to Aventure before, simply give us call to put your name in for this position.
327 9th Street | Sheldon IA | (712) 324-2425
Aventure Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A drug screen and background may be required.