327 9th Street Sheldon Iowa area , IA 51201 US
Mixer $19.25-$20.50/hr. Starting Wage | Excellent for College Students!
6pm-6am. M-Sat. $19.25 Weekend shift: Sat/Sun + 2-3 days during the week $20.50 6a-6p
A local feed manufacturing facility in Sheldon, IA is searching for a Mixer to join their growing team! This Mixer works independently and on a team to make high-quality livestock products made with the best nutritional ingredients. Enjoy working for an established company!
- Mix premixes no more than five runs ahead in premix tubs
- Utilize and complete mixing schedule worksheet for your best job performance to eliminate foul-ups, double scale dumps, etc.
- Physically check all bulk tanks, bagger, or pellet mill meal tank to make sure they are empty before running bulk meal into them
- Complete bulk inventory sheets and properly tag and code distributor panels when running bulk meal
- Make sure scales are free, and working properly at all times
- Make sure all pre-mixing and mixing is done accurately in accordance with the formula card and quality
- Check ingredients and mixed batches for color changes or possible contamination
- Make sure all liquid meters are working properly, and report any problems
- Keep accurate records of drugs used and report any differences
- Keep area clean, neat, all conveyor lids on and report any leaks in bins or conveyors or oil leaks in hydraulic systems
- Complete maintenance request forms on all malfunctioning equipment
To become a Mixer you’ll need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Previous experience in feed or production related work
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of OSHA safety requirements
- Basic computer knowledge
- Good communication, verbal, written and math skills
- Ability to work as a team
- Thorough understanding of cGMP’s
- Knowledge of HACCP Feed & Food Safety Plan
- Knowledge of FSMA
What you’ll get as a Mixer:
- Starting Pay: $18/hr.
- Paid Every Friday!
- Direct Deposit and/or Paycards Available
- Paid Holidays & PTO (Based on accrued hour requirements)
- Medical Coverage – Access to affordable and comprehensive group medical coverage
Our job is to get YOU hired (and it's free!) For more information, call or stop by our office today! If you’ve applied to Aventure before, simply give us call to put your name in for this position.
327 9th Street | Sheldon IA | (712) 240-3480
Aventure Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A drug screen and background may be required.
Aventure Staffing in Sheldon employs individuals in a large variety of industries, including clerical/office, industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, agriculture and healthcare fields.
Our services are always FREE to applicants! Apply directly to the Sheldon Branch by going to www.aventure.com/apply.