Processing Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Wakefield, NE US
Processing Supervisor | Salary $65-$75k
A leading Food Processing and distributing company is hiring a Process Supervisor to join their growing team. The Processing Supervisor plans, directs and coordinates the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing food products in accordance with safety, cost, quality and quantity specifications.
You’ll want to be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food.They offer exciting job possibilities throughout the organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produces the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost consistent with good manufacturing practices.
- Recognizes and takes steps to resolve operating problems in order to minimize their impact on the operations.
- Requests and directs services of maintenance, sanitation and other personnel as necessary to achieve the desired level and quality of production, sanitation, safety and warehouse services.
- Responsible for ingredient usage and all other department costs.
- Keeps accurate and up-to-date records (i.e. timecards, downtime records, absentee records, etc.).
- Encourages suggestions from employees which will improve production, quality, safety and/or control costs of production.
- Keeps management informed on operating and/or employee problems, quality, safety and/or control costs of production.
- Follows proper SOP’s (Standard Operation Procedures)
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks.
- Adheres to Quality work practices, follows GMP’s, maintains sanitary conditions and ensures that product quality is maintained. Reports to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality.
- Ensures regulatory compliance at all times.
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
- Ability to effectively coordinate and supervise all department functions.
- Bilingual in Spanish desired.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to recognize problem situations, investigate and take appropriate steps to resolve.
- Ability to work in cold, wet, noisy, dusty and humid environments.
- Able to work independently or with others in a team environment depending upon the assignment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a forklift license.
- Must be able to work overtime or weekends when required.
Benefits & Pay
- Salary: $65-$75k DOE
- Benefits start first of the month, following DOH
- Immediate use of accrued paid time off and paid holidays
- Match starts after 1 year ($ for $ up to 6%), with immediate vesting
For more information, call Ashley Gervasi @ 712-292-6965 or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Aventure Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A drug screen and background check may be required.