Production Operator - 1st OR 2nd Shift
Sioux City Area, IA US
Production Operator - 1st (6A -2 PM) or 2nd Shift (2 - 10 PM)
Mon - Fri (Some weekend work is expected)
Come work for a different type of company that is committed to their employees and their families offering a steady and stable position working in a newly constructed facility. Our client is the largest distributor of their products with customers across North America. They've been around 100+ years and continue to grow and excel. This is your chance to get in on the ground up start up and be part of an amazing team working for and with good people who care. Competitive benefit package is available on day one with no waiting period.
Production Operator Responsibilities & Qualifications include:
- Possess knowledge and awareness of industrial sites.
- Have a self-starting attitude showing an ability to think and work more independently as experience is gained.
- Have the desire to work in a high demand production environment with the ability to respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Load and unload bulk liquid from and into tanks, trucks, and rail cars.
- Participate in the production and refining of tallow including product transfer, steam heating, manual blending of chemicals, filtering, and filter cleaning.
- Perform additional tasks relating to storage and shipment of products including but not limited to steam heating product, valve alignments, equipment inspections, gauging/sampling, and confined space tank entries/cleaning.
- Adhere to all safety requirements such as wearing hard hats, safety glasses, goggles, gloves, safety shoes, etc.
- Have responsibility for tools assigned and display good housekeeping skills in assigned work areas.
- Possess the verbal and written communications skills necessary to understand and follow production work orders in English.
- Possess the ability to communicate in English to co-workers.
- Adhere to company policies and procedure with regards to safety, attendance, punctuality, etc. is required.
Requirements of Production Operator:
- Industrial experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable of OSHA safety regulations a plus.
- Forklift and portable crane experience a plus.
- Able to respond with physical exertion to use tools and materials.
- Able to climb ladders and steps (working at heights on top of rail cars and storage tanks is routine).
- Willingness to work outside, perform dirty and greasy tasks, in all kinds of weather.
- Willingness to work overtime, as scheduled, and adjust personal plans accordingly.
- Able to be fitted for and wear a respirator.
- Able to lift heavy objects when necessary including connecting and disconnecting hoses to rail cars.
- Able to start pumps and adjust valves to regulate the flow of products to vessels utilizing knowledge of loading procedures.
EEO/AA Employer; Pre-employment physical, drug screen & background check may be required. Must also provide a valid photo ID.
It's our job to get YOU hired (and it's free)!!