Milford, IA 51351 US
QA Manager | Salary $65-$85k
An established food manufacturing company located in Milford, IA is looking for a QA Manager to join their team.The QA Manager is responsible for leading a team of technicians to implement and follow all food safety, quality assurance, labeling, and SQF policies and procedures.
You'll want to be part of this experienced leadership team that operates with high integrity!
- Responsible for the safety for all employees under their supervision by conducting safety orientation and training of employees, enforce safe work practices, correct unsafe conditions, prevent lingering unsafe or unhealthful workplace conditions or hazards
- Oversees internal activities related to food safety, product quality, microbiological performance criteria, finished products, SQF and HACCP systems, government regulatory compliance (including FDA, USDA and CFIA), inspection criteria, and customer complaint investigation and response.
- Supervises and assists with programs to include environmental monitoring, recall administration, good manufacturing programs and sanitation standard operating procedures.
- Routes, investigates trends and closes all customer complaint issues.
- Oversees product and retail labeling program..
- Works as a liaison for plant audits and USDA inspections.
- Performs monthly audits of manufacturing and warehouse locations at facility, along with allergen and HACCP.
- Assists with development, implementation and administration of new and existing QA policies.
- SQF Practitioner – manage SQF system and have an understanding of SQF Code and requirements to maintain systems.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four-year college or university along with four to six years related supervisory experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience in the food Industry.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) is a must. Ability to read and comprehend documents, simple instructions and product labels.
- Experience & knowledge in MS Office products (Excel & Word) and SAP preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to calculate figures and amounts along with performing basic math functions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Strong analytical skills with ability to identify opportunities.
- Requires frequent exposure to extreme cold (below 0 F degrees) temperatures.
- Health, dental, vision,
- STD & LTD,
- Employer paid life insurance,
- PTO & paid holidays,
- Boot allowance
- 401k and 401k match
For more information, call Ashley Gervasi @ 712-292-6965 or email email@example.com!
Aventure Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A drug screen and background check may be required.