Quality Assurance Tech.
Milford, IA 51351 US
Quality Assurance Technicians | $20-$22 per hour, depending on shift
Monday-Friday, 1st shift 6am-3pm, 2nd shift 3pm-11pm, 3rd shift 11pm-7am
Aventure Staffing is working with a well-established Food Processing facility in Milford, IA to hire QA Technicians. The QA technicians are responsible for adhering, implementing, monitoring, verifying, validating, and writing procedures and processes that fall under the compliance umbrellas of SQF, HACCP, GMP, Food Safety & Quality in all areas of USDA/FDA labeling, manufacturing, and warehousing. Candidates should have some experience working in food service or food production.
- Ensure good manufacturing practices, HACCP, SQF, and quality standards are met in all areas of manufacturing and warehousing.
- Evaluates raw materials and finished products manufactured and incoming items using various organoleptic, chemical, physical, and visual techniques.
- Performs various types of audits as required by the quality assurance procedures.
- Audit employee lockers and knives to ensure compliance with company policy.
- Review labels for accuracy upon arrival at warehouse.
- Perform incoming sticker audit
- Review flour tailings
- Ability to calibrate various pieces of equipment and maintain accurate records.
- Conduct manufacturing and warehouse inspection as required.
- Ability to monitor QA freezer and cooler temps and cleanliness.
- Test returned customer complaint items for QA Manager as needed.
- Assists in all clerical aspects of the qualify assurance department, filing/logging of completed test forms, etc.
- Observes checks and records all products receiving information, pulls needed samples.
- Prepare, send out micro samples enter into computer, and pull results from websites.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be knowledgeable in MPS's, SQF, and HACCP.
- Accountability and Reliability: Must work reliable under pressure to keep on task and meet deadlines.
- Must possess high energy levels, focusing on execution with measurable results. Positive attitude!!
- Strong Work Ethic: Committed and willing to do whatever it takes to drive the team!
- Must be supportive of team members!
- Ability to lift 100lbs.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, and use hands to grip regularly.
- Specific vision abilities required includes; close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Maintain a professional appearance and grooming standards.
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must adhere to all safety rules, policies, and regulations in relationship to OSHA standards.
Benefits & Pay:
- $20-$22 per hour, depending on shift
- 401(k) & 401 (k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health insurance savings
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
For more information, call or stop by our office today.
Our job is to get YOU hired (and it's free!)
511 Grand Ave. Spencer, IA 51301 | 712.262.5990
Aventure Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A drug screen and background may be required.
Aventure Staffing in Spencer employs individuals in a large variety of industries, including clerical/office, industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, agriculture and healthcare fields.
Our services are always FREE to applicants! Apply directly to the Spencer Branch by going to www.aventure.com/apply.