Restaurant General Manager
Holstein, IA US
Restaurant General Manager| $60,000 - $65,000/yr DOE
Hours: As the General Manager, you will be responsible for setting your hours to accomplish your primary responsibilities as well as ensuring outstanding customer service. You would need to work a minimum of 40 hours a week, while being on call as needed to manage and assist your team.
As the General Manager, you are the leader of your team. The General Manager is the key team member who establishes the tone of the work environment with an unsurpassed level of customer-oriented service. You are responsible for the operation of the restaurant, include recruiting, hiring, and developing employees. The General Manager takes personal responsibility for conducting new hire orientation and implementing the training plan for each new hire. You are also responsible for scheduling and deploying the Team correctly, addressing performance issues, assisting in the resolution of customer issues, and assisting in the management of the restaurant’s budget and financial plans. A successful candidate will have strong leadership and communication skills, a track record of people development, and a positive attitude. If you want to build a great career, apply now!!
- Must pass a background check and drug test
- Basic business math and accounting skills along with strong analytical/decision-making skills
- Placing merchandise and food orders to set appropriate stocking & prep levels
- Able to tolerate standing, walking, and lifting (up to 50 lbs.) during 80% of shift time
- Writing the weekly schedule and set staffing levels based on projected sales data
- Maintaining accurate food waste and production accounting
- Handle basic personnel conflicts and issues
- Effectively administer restaurant and company-wide policies and procedures
- Must have reliable transportation
- HS Diploma/GED
- Previous Supervisory and Restaurant experience preferred
- ServSafe Certification a plus
- Valid driver’s license and transportation required
- Ability to work all shifts including opening, closing, weekends and holidays as needed
- Ability to lift 50lbs as required
Benefits & Pay:
- SIMPLE IRA with 3% company match
- Access to company health, vision, and/or dental programs with a company provided $500 contribution per month.
- $50/mo phone stipend
- 20% employee discount
- PTO 2-weeks /year initial
- Quarterly performance bonus (based on sales and other operational metrics)
For more information, call or stop by our office today! If you’ve applied to Aventure before, simply give us a call to put your name in for this position. Our job is to get YOU hired (and it's free!)
221 East Main Street | Cherokee, IA | (712) 221-3272
Aventure Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A drug screen and background may be required.
Aventure Staffing in Cherokee employs individuals in a large variety of industries, including clerical/office, industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, agriculture and healthcare fields.
Our services are always FREE to applicants! Apply directly to the Cherokee Branch by going to www.aventure.com/apply.