School Based Mental Health Practitioner
West Holt, NE US
A local health center is searching for a School Based Mental Health Practitioner to join their growing team! This Therapist will be providing mental health and/or substance abuse services, education, consultation, and prevention to clients/students at schools, the office and also includes crisis intervention. Starting pay is $45k-$55k/yr. Enjoy working the school schedule with your summers OFF!
School Based Mental Health Practitioner Responsibilities:
- Provides direct mental health and/or substance abuse services that include, but not limited to, intake assessment, individual, family, group counseling, crisis intervention, and prevention
- Completes treatment plans, treatment plan updates, psychotherapy notes, and all other documentation as needed
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings, clinical meetings, IEP meetings, and others as needed
- Participates in collection of mental health/substance abuse information and student outcome data to be used for monitoring the overall performance and effectiveness of services provided
- Determines the family and community resources available for treatment and/or placement and makes appropriate arrangements
- Provides crisis intervention and assessment/evaluation, including after hours and on weekends
- Provide follow up and implementation of re-integration plans for students who are returning to school from hospitalizations and/or facility stays
- Be familiar with disciplinary guidelines and at-risk student characteristics/needs, collaborating agency referral guidelines, as well as be familiar with special education regulatory requirements and assistance with process as appropriate
- Foster effective communication with students, parents, and other staff members
- Provide home interventions/visits on a regular basis or as clinically necessary and solicits parents/guardian involvement in program planning and treatment services
- Assists family to locate and appropriately use community resources, agencies, organizations and team members to coordinate service and monitor progress toward treatment goals
- May be required to work an altered schedule and provide clinical services in evenings and weekends
- Other duties as assigned
To become a School Based Mental Health Practitioner, you’ll need:
- Travel is required, maintain car insurance, and driver’s license
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Human Services or related field
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain a Nebraska license of LMHP, LCSW, LIMHP, LICSW
- Maintain confidentiality and maintain ethics as dictated by profession
- Skilled in oral and written communication
- Willing to be a team member with all staff
- PTO, Sick, Personal, & Mental Health Days!
- Health, Dental, & Vision
- Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts & Supplemental Insurance
- Retirement with Company Match & More!
Interested? Apply now at: https://heartlandcounseling.bamboohr.com/careers
EOE/AA - Drug screen and background may be required.