Security & Access Control Technician
Sioux City Area, IA US
Security & Access Control Technician | $17 - $20+/DOE
Mon - Fri, 8A - 5P with occasional overtime as needed
A busy, established electronic company is looking for a responsible, experienced Security & Access Control Technician to join their team. Excellent opportunity to work for a shop that cares about their customers and employees and is recognized as a leader in their industry.
Responsibilities of this Security & Access Control Technician will include:
- Installing, programming, testing & repairing electronic security solutions and equipment.
- Running electrical wiring in attics, crawl spaces & other confined spaces competing all wiring, connections & equipment installations ensuring security systems are completed to satisfaction of customer.
- Inspecting completed work for conformance with specs, requirements & compliance with applicable building & safety codes & regulations.
- Reading basic blueprints, schematics, manuals & other specs to determine installation procedures.
- Interpreting manual, schematics and wiring diagrams & repair equipment utilizing knowledge of electronics & standard test instruments/hand tools.
- Troubleshooting to isolate & fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Working with Access Controls Administrator/Project Coordinator & assisting in coordination of specific projects, make recommendations & identify ways to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
Security & Access Control Technician Requirements:
- Basic understanding & configuration of IP Networking principals & components (routers, switches, POE, cable termination, etc.).
- Experience working with & Certifications for Genetec, AXIS, CCTV, IP Video and IP Networking are preferred.
- Mechanically inclined & proven ability to troubleshoot problems & look for solutions
- Must be a self-starter and work well without supervision
- Solid mechanical & electrical aptitude (i.e. work with variety of hand & power tools) and read blueprints & drawings.
- Must possess & maintain in good standing at all time with valid driver's license
- Proficiency in use of desktop & laptop PC's & working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Consistent performance & attendance
- Able to work occasional overtime as needed to complete projects
- Able to physically lift, pull & lower equipment manually and perform work at a desk or in crouched, kneeling, stooping or squatting position for extended periods of time or from aerial devices, ladders, platforms utilizing safety harness, body belt and safety trap
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
EEO/AA Employer; Pre-employment physical, drug screen & background check may be required.
Our job is to get YOU hired (and it's free!)
If interested, please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org