Senior Network Administrator
Sioux City, IA 51101 US
Do You want to be Recognized & Appreciated for All Your Hard Work, Education, & Dedication?
Are You Hopeing to Clearly see opportunities for advancement and wage increases?
Our Client, who is a Global Leader in their Industry, is looking for a Talented Network Administrator for its Siouxland facility. This manufacturing facility is focused on safety first, being great stewards to the environment and running operations reliably.
They need YOU and your Network Administrator Experience, knowledge and diverse talent to help them deliver important work. As a team member of their company, you will be able to pursue amazing growth and leadership opportunities that will help you achieve the potential that your have worked so long for. This company lives its values and wants you to be yourself at work, being part of an authentic team that welcomes a collage of views and opinions.
In this position, you are responsible for:
- Providing Technical expertise in the management of a public and/or private network; tests and analyzes network facilities, including network control software, routers, switches, lines, modems, adapters and servers.
- Installs, supports and/or maintains LANs and/or WANs; evaluates and recommends networking product and software upgrades. Performs technical analyses of software, hardware
and transmission facilities using various diagnostic tools in support of efficient network operations.
- Monitors data traffic and controls network resource performance to ensure high-quality transmission.
What are the specifics?
- Design and troubleshoot site level network equipment for the purpose of maximizing performance, security, and reliability (e.g. firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points, controllers, and vendor appliances). Understand cloud network architecture.
- Lead teams and site level projects with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Design and troubleshoot enterprise level operational technologies that interact with the manufacturing control systems for the purpose of maximizing performance, security, and reliability.
- Design processes, policies, and procedures supporting internal controls, cybersecurity, and data protection of sensitive data. Examples include but are not limited to IT General Controls (ITGCs) Managed Access (MA-xx) Managed Operations (MO-xx) and
- Change Management (CM-xx); Sarbanes Oxley/SOx; Data backup, recovery, and classification; Information Technology Asset Management (ITAM).
- Design and troubleshoot IT infrastructure equipment, applications, and databases for the purpose of maximizing performance, security, and reliability. (E.g. servers (physical and virtualized), backup systems, phones, radios, site security (cameras and access badging), and active directory.)
- Support users/user groups on all aspects of user-reported problems, including software, hardware, and peripheral equipment. This level of support requires SMEs (Subject Matter Experts on different applications).
- Manage issues utilizing established tracking processes including recording of issues, initial troubleshooting, assignment and escalation of issues, and closure/follow-up to resolution.
- Participate in site safety programs, emergency response, and turnaround execution.
- On-call and after hours support of site users.
- Design and troubleshoot technology infrastructure to mitigate risk and define new controls to ensure mitigation of risk.
- Define site level software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) and related infrastructure.
- Design and troubleshoot network configurations and access control rules of cloud networks (e.g. Microsoft Azure) as well as on-premises and hybrid environments.
- Lead initiatives to improve Intrusion Detection and Prevent Systems (IDS/IPS).
- Work closely with IT site leads at various locations in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. to ensure network and security solutions are operating as expected.
- Understand and comply with established processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts, including Change Control procedures across all modifications to the environment.
In Order to apply for this role, you must have:
- BS/BA in a related field or equivalent experience typically required to complete all essential job functions. MS/MA/MBA may be preferred. Typically, incumbents will have industry-recognized professional certifications as a demonstration of their technical/ professional knowledge.
- Years of experience: More than 7 years of related professional work experience is typically required to complete all essential job functions.
- Network certifications such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), CompTIA Network+ are desired.
- Strong foundational knowledge in information technology, including Cisco equipment and Windows servers. Knowledge about software defined networks (SD-WAN) preferred.
- Knowledge about Microsoft’s Azure cloud/M365 environment preferred.
- On-call and support outside of business hours may be required.
- Safety training may be required.
Apply Today & Join a Strong Financially Secure Company who believes in our values, are committed to what they do and embraces the future.
For more information, apply today.
Our job is to get YOU hired (and it's free!)
Aventure Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
A drug screen, background check, skills assessment, and physical are required by our Client post offer.