Shipping & Receiving
Lindsay, NE US
Shipping & Receiving $21.50 + Quarterly Bonus
5am-3:30pm/ Mon-Fri and half day every other Sat 5am-11am for OT! 2nd Shift openings from 3:30PM-2AM. e/o Sat 11am - 5pm
Dedicated to delivering customer-first innovation and real-world solutions in irrigation and infrastructure technology. Become apart of the crew that manufactures innovative, durable, and high quality products. In shipping and receiving, you will be a key component to maintaining great organization of products, communication within your area, and the ability to work under stressful situations. Backed with a great benefit package, you will work independently and communicate with your team to keep supply up and organized along with the required tasks that follow. If you're not scared of hard work, looking for a job with stability, and be apart of a team that makes a difference for a lot of people please come see us at Aventure!
- Compares identifying information and counts, weights, or measures items on outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects pre assembled containers to pack items in and nail or band covers on wooden crates and binds containers with metal banding.
- Affixes stamps, stencils, labels or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates, containers, cartons, pallets, or bundles.
- Posts weights and shipping charges, COD charges, declared value, or UPS charges and affixes postage.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Operates yard truck, hand truck, or forklift to move, convey, or hoist material for shipments from platform in the most effective and safe manner.
- Shipping personnel are responsible to ensure orders are picked accurately and crated with correct items.
- Reviews material requirements to determine size of container (wooden crate) for off-loading materials.
- Ensure proper packing of skids for shipment by selecting appropriate skid from the skid storage location, bringing to packing area, and reviewing the skid packing list items that are required to be placed on the skid.
- If available, staple a strip of plastic onto the bottom of the skid runners, install the cable for pulling the skid out of the container, and place the skid onto one of the steel skid trailers.
- Place the rods, angles, bundles, etc. on the skid. Recount the items placed on the skid.
- Record the weights of crates and pallet on the container load list. On the skid load sheet, mark all items placed on the skid as shipped.
- Write the order number on the front and both sides and take sufficient photos to verify items and fill out dunnage report.
- Work overtime and weekends as required by the Team Leader and to meet our customer needs.
- Accuracy, accountability, and detail oriented
- Interpersonal with great communication skills
- Organized with a technical aptitude
- Read and complete quality control checklists
- Operate safety equip and maintain good housekeeping practices
- Work overtime and weekends as needed
Benefits & Pay:
- $21.50 PLUS quarterly bonuses
- Paid every Friday
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 15 days PTO first year
- 9 Paid Holiday
- Group Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Accident and Critical Illness plans available
- Bonus Program
- 401K plan
- Lindsay stock purchase plan
- Fitness center membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
For more information, call or stop by and speak with Jamie today!
Our job is to get you hired and it's FREE to you!
105 East Norfolk Ave. Suite 105 | (402)379-4050
Aventure Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A drug screen and background may be required.
Aventure Staffing in Norfolk employs individuals in a large variety of industries, including clerical/office, industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, agriculture and healthcare fields.
Our services are always FREE to applicants! Apply directly to the Norfolk Branch by going to www.aventure.com/apply.