Tool and Die Technician
Sheldon Iowa area , IA US
Tool and Die Technician l $18/hr. + DOE
Monday-Thursday with some Fridays, 6am-4:30pm
A local trailer manufacturing company in the Sheldon, IA area is looking for a Tool and Die Tech to join their growing team! The Tool and Die Tech will provide fixture, tool and die solutions for machining, fabrication, welding and assembly set up. Operate tool room machines, analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, fit and assemble parts to make and repair dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools.
- Study blueprints, design concepts, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, dial indicators and or CMM.
- Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies, based on specifications.
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications, making adjustments as necessary.
- Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.
- Lift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoists, vises, v-blocks, or angle plates.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- In depth experience using CNC/manual mills and lathes.
- Basic understanding of problem-solving, ISO, Lean, geo metric tolerances and understand precision tolerances.
- Knowledge of heat treating materials
- 2 year degree in related field and or plus 5 years of relevant experience
- Cad experience would be a plus
- Able to lift 50 pounds occasionally and push/pull 100 pounds occasionally
Benefits & Pay:
- $18/hr. + DOE
- Paid every Friday
- Direct Deposit and/or Paycards Available
- Paid Holidays & PTO (Based on accrued hour requirements)
- Medical Coverage-Access to affordable and comprehensive group medical coverage
For more information, call or stop by our office today.
Our job is to get YOU hired (and it's free!)
327 9th St Sheldon, IA 51201 | (712) 324-2425
Aventure Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A drug screen and background may be required.