Utility Refrigeration Technician
Cherokee, IA 51012 US
Utility Refrigeration Technician | $28-$38/hr
Sun-Mon-Tues 6am-6pm. Wed 6am-Noon
A food production company in Cherokee, IA is hiring a Utility Refrigeration Technician to join their well established team. This Utility Refrigeration Technician works closely with the Maintenance team to maintain, diagnose, repair, rebuild, adjust, perform preventative maintenance, and install equipment within and around the facility.
- Maintain and troubleshooting of ammonia refrigeration compressors, condensers, pumps, vessels/recirculators, purgers, evaporators / RMAU’s, heat exchangers, and control valves/isolation valves while using the Original Equipment Manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Make rounds keep logs of daily operations and events for the engine room and refrigeration equipment throughout the facility.
- Obtain RETA 1 Certificate within 1 year of hire date.
- Obtain RETA 2 Certificate within 2 years of hire date.
- Obtain boiler certification
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and strong reading, math, writing, analytical, skills required.
- 2+ years’ experience in operation and maintenance of Ammonia Refrigeration system.
- 2+ years experience with Boilers
- Experience with Air Compressor‘s and Air dryers
- Electrical experience and troubleshooting in low and high voltage circuits, motors, and controls.
- Having HVAC experience with refrigerants R-22, R-134a, R-404A, R-407C and R-410A is preferred
- Basic knowledge of computers.
Benefits & Pay:
- $28-$38/hr DOE
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Care Plan with Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage including Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays & PTO
For more information, call or stop by our office today.
Our job is to get YOU hired (and it's free!)
221 E. Main Street Cherokee, IA | (712) 221-3272
Aventure Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A drug screen and background may be required.