Sheldon Area, IA US
Vat Operator | Starting at $23.54 an hour + $1.50 shift differential
5p-5a 2-2-3 schedule with rotating weekends
A leading dairy company has an opportunity waiting for you! No experience required with in house training.
We are hiring a Vat Operator for a well established dairy company in the Sheldon, IA area! This position is responsible for making curds and whey out of raw milk and ensuring food safety standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete Pre-Operational log before starting production run.
- Make proper connections from starter room, cream silo, and UF (Ultra-filtration) silo for
- Collect samples as needed.
- Add required ingredients into the cheese vat as needed.
- Monitor all equipment and recording charts to ensure everything is working correctly and
- Monitor pH at pump over and on the tables; adjust Starter usage as needed.
- Completely and accurately complete all applicable recording charts.
- Completely and accurately complete all required information on the make sheets.
- Conduct Clean In Place (CIP) of vats, fill line and other equipment as needed.
- CIP starter cans as needed.
- Record chemical concentration checks during CIP’s as required.
- Perform tasks on Master Sanitation Schedule as required and record.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Ability to follow written, verbal and diagrammatic instructions; complete simple checklists
and complete required documentation.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with managers and colleagues.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Basic computer operational skills; able to input and retrieve computerized information.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, adapt to a changing environment quickly, and
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team
- Decisions administered soundly and consistently with policies and in compliance with
appropriate laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate functional and technical knowledge, ability to learn new skills quickly, and
achieve a high level of accomplishment.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive
Benefits & Pay:
- 2-2-3 schedule with weekend rotation
- Paid every Friday
- Direct Deposit and/or Paycards Available
- Paid Holidays & PTO (Based on accrued hour requirements)
- Medical Coverage-Access to affordable and comprehensive group medical coverage
For more information, call or stop by our office today.
Our job is to get YOU hired (and it's free!)
327 9th St Sheldon, IA 51201 | (712) 324-2425
Aventure Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A drug screen and background may be required.