Whey Evaporator Operator
Sheldon Iowa area , IA US
Whey Evaporator Operator l $23.54/hr. No previous experience required; on-the-job training provided!
6a-6p 2-2-3 schedule with rotating weekends
Sundays and holidays paid DOUBLE!
A leading dairy company in the Sheldon, IA area is looking for a Whey Evaporator Operator to join their growing team! Enjoy working for an established company! This Whey Evaporator Operator is responsible for the operation of the evaporator and ensuring optimum daily performance.
- Ensure all evaporators are running at their optimum daily performance.
- Monitor Caloris and Relco evaporators.
- Document all readings and samples taken.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and sanitized each day.
- Clean and sanitize all equipment.
- Inspect evaporators, product lines and product holding tanks.
- Document the CIP process.
- Perform daily operations and cleaning of equipment associated with the whey evaporator.
- Complete all documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Follow all GMP, SOP and HACCP programs.
- Monitor processes, materials or surroundings and review information by telephone, in written
form or in person.
- Identify information by categorizing, estimating and recognizing changes or deviations in
circumstances and/or events.
- Perform operator level maintenance when needed.
- Understand and comply with all Quality Assurance policies, and immediately report any
potential food safety issues to management.
- Follow complicated start-up procedure of equipment.
- Monitor raw whey flow into balance tank, through pasteurizer and to evaporator for
condensing and then ultimately to a crystallizer tank for drying into dried Sweet Dairy Whey
- Regulate factors such as whey solids and temperature and make adjustments depending on
the type of whey to be produced.
- Take frequent readings and log upwards of fifty variables.
- Operate Clean-In-Place (CIP) cycles.
- Clean and sanitize all parts of Whey Evaporator department including walls, floors, and
- Assist all other coworkers with training, tasks and duties within the department.
- Position may involve operation of a Critical Control Point as determined by the plant
HACCP/Food Safety Plans.
- Knowledge of the Dryer Operator duties and assist the Dryer Operator wherever needed.
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on equipment as needed.
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
- No previous experience required; on-the-job training provided.
- Minimum one (1) year of related experience preferred.
- Experience running a power washer and hoist preferred.
- Forklift Certification: in-house training for certification provided.
- Ability to read, understand, and adhere to documents and procedures (GLP, SOP, SDS,
GMP, test procedures, and HACCP).
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Basic computer operational skills; able to input and retrieve computerized information.
- Ability to follow written, verbal and diagrammatic instructions; complete simple checklists
and complete required documentation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing with managers and colleagues.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Decisions administered soundly and consistently with policies and in compliance with
appropriate laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate functional and technical knowledge, ability to learn new skills quickly, and
achieve a high level of accomplishment.
- Ability to solve problems by adapting knowledge and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive
Benefits & Pay:
- 2-2-3 schedule with weekend rotation
- Paid every Friday
- Direct Deposit and/or Paycards Available
- Paid Holidays & PTO (Based on accrued hour requirements)
- Medical Coverage-Access to affordable and comprehensive group medical coverage
For more information, call or stop by our office today.
Our job is to get YOU hired (and it's free!)
327 9th St Sheldon, IA 51201 | (712) 324-2425
Aventure Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A drug screen and background may be required.